2017 was an interesting year. I learned a lot. Here’s some of it:
- Love is respect.
- People are not made to be alone. We depend on each other. People who think it’s better to be alone because “people are dumb/ignorant/don’t get me” are unwise. People who think friendship and relationships are not a necessary part of life are naive. People who think they will never need other people are naive.
- Emotions are just as important as logic. You need both to live a balanced life. You cannot have just one.
- There is nothing wrong with being sensitive. There is strength in sensitivity.
- Confidence and strength come in all forms and do not look like just one thing. Don’t underestimate someone’s confidence or strength just because they don’t look like your idea of confidence and strength. And don’t feel forced to change just because you don’t embody someone else’s idea of confidence and strength.
- Reading, writing, music, and art fill the soul. They’re essential to human survival. Learn an art form, and make sure you’re always reading something.
- Feminism and gender equality are the same thing.
- Pick your battles.
- Whenever possible, choose peace, compassion, and forgiveness.
- Trust and respect must be earned.
- Love is action. Love is a choice. Love is a habit. Love is not just a feeling.
- Feelings are fickle. Don’t use them as your compass too much.
- When things are right, your head and your heart will be in sync.
- When your head and your heart are not in sync, follow your head.
- True happiness takes strength and work to cultivate.
- But love and respect should come naturally.
- You have plenty of time, but use it wisely.